The Office of Rep. Josh Cutler is now accepting applications for the position of District Aide. Details on the positions are below. For questions or to submit an application please contact Staff Director Cole Angley at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submitting an application is Friday, July 29, 2022, at 5 pm.
Application Deadline: The deadline for submitting an application is Friday, July 29, 2022, at 5 pm.
How to apply: Please send resume and cover letter to Staff Director Cole Angley, via email at email@example.com. Please send any attachments as PDFs. A confirmation email will be sent.
Agency Overview: The Massachusetts House of Representatives (“House”) is comprised of 160 independently elected Members, each representing a district of approximately 44,000 people. The House meets year-round in either formal or informal sessions. The House is led by the Speaker of the House who is elected by the Members.
Primary Purpose/Essential Functions: The District Aide assists the Member of the House who appointed the Aide in the discharge of that Member’s official duties by providing communication, legislative, and administrative support services deemed necessary by the Member.
Reports to: Staff Director. Office of Representative Josh Cutler, Chairman, Committee on Labor and Workforce Development
• Provide member with basic administrative support
• Manage constituent inquiries and casework including creation/maintenance of database of constituent requests;
• Serve as liaison with Member’s constituents;
• Serve as liaison with federal, local and other state government offices as directed by the Member;
• Research and draft responses to constituents, stakeholders and other interest groups on matters of interest;
• Attend meetings and forums on behalf of the Member as directed;
• Ability to interface and work with different communities and personalities in a professional and helpful manner;
• Ability to multi-task effectively, work independently and meet deadlines on short notice; • Excellent research, analytical and interpersonal skills;
• Strong communication skills;
• Ability to communicate with members and colleagues effectively and provide and receive feedback professionally;
• Strong organizational skills including, but not limited to, calendar and email management and ability to prioritize tasks as needed;
• Ability to follow-up and complete tasks.
Preferred Education and Work Experience:
• Prior customer service experience
• Familiarity with Representative’s district.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time, 37.5 hour per week position. Days of work are typically Monday through Friday, though hours vary and may include evening and weekend work to support the Member’s legislative or constituent activities. This position primarily works out of the district or remote, with occasional days in the Boston office.
Disclaimer: This description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the position described, and may be amended at any time in the sole discretion of the House.
Salary: The starting salary for Legislative Aide is $1,692.30 bi-weekly ($44,000 annualized).
Benefits: As an employee of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, staff have access to a wide variety of health plans including coverage of health, vision, and dental benefits. Furthermore, retirement benefits are available, depending upon one’s length of employment. Equal Opportunity Employer: Massachusetts House of Representatives is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Official Title: Admin Aide Legislative
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts- Remote or 6th Plymouth District, Duxbury, Halifax, Hanson, Marshfield & Pembroke: Full-time
If you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions or need a Reasonable Accommodation, please contact Diversity Officer / ADA Coordinator: Katherine Palmer – 6177222814